Sunday 1 July 2012

Nemacon

The exams all finished a week ago... I did write a blog post to say I was alive, honest, but my laptop died on me and I gave up ;(

Anyway, I finally finished my cosplay for Nemacon, which was a fun weekend! A little disorganised, perhaps, and I dont feel it was as good as last year (but that may be just because last year had the excitement of being my first con), but I still enjoyed myself. Last year I didnt really talk to many people (I was Cissnei from Crisis Core, who isnt really a very recognisable character), but this year it was great to chat and make some new friends.

(Just putting this up here, because I spent ages making that shuriken and was very proud of it. Also, you see what I mean when I say that getting my hair to lie flat under the wig was a nightmare...)


On to this year's escapades! I went as Aqua from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. (sorry, theres a lot of pictures here)



The costume was made by me, with some help and advice from my gran who has had a lot more experience with sewing than I have. My grandad also helped with the shoes, recommending the right kind of paint to use that wouldnt crack as I walked. 


I actually really like the blurryness of this picture (I stole it off facebook, all credit to the photographer).
A nice Zack Fair cosplayer let me pose with the Buster Sword! (because I'm not obsessed with Crisis Core at all or anything... ¬¬)

Me and Charlotte (http://www.fyeahtea.com/) who looked awesome as Harley Quinn. That corset was incredible, cant believe she made it herself...

Aaaaaand finally, a pic of me posing with a lot of Sora cosplayers.

I got way more pictures than this, but I didnt want to upload them all. There were some incredible costumes (Predator, Loki and Thor, Samus, Ryuk and Rem to name a few), and I'm gutted I didnt get a picture of everybody.

Oh, I guess I should probably talk about the Wayfinder.
This is a sort of lucky charm that Aqua makes in BBS, and I decided that if I didnt have the time to make a Keyblade, I should at least have one prop...


I'm going to make a Terra and a Ventus one at some point too. Maybe to sell... I've already had some very nice comments on deviantart about this. I dont know if anyone's ever tried making them out of beads and wire before, its normally just polymer clay.

Oh and the very nice people over at http://www.daemon-saviour.com/ got some great pics as well. Make sure to check them out!

So, its the summer holidays now! I have a lot of plans, jewellery and otherwise, and I'll be sure to keep you all updated on what happens!

What have you guys all got planned for the summer hols?

Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return...
Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment