Sunday 4 March 2012

African earrings

Just a quick update to show off the new earrings I made today.



The beads are these gorgeous porcelain giraffes I picked up at an amazing beadshop in London called beadworks (I spent far too much money but it was totally worth it!!). I couldnt find anything suitably African to match, then I came across these clay beads in a drawer. They're mostly greeny coloured so I wasnt sure how well that worked with the blue of the giraffes, but I think the contrast gives it an African kind of feel.

I also tried out a herringbone wrap for the first time! This was unsuccessful at first, but I kept at it and got it right in the end! =D

So yeah. I'm still not 100% sure about the colour, in two minds about whether or not to use up the rest of the clay beads and make a bracelet using the herringbone wrap.... we shall see. Opinions on this would be welcome!!

1 comment:

  1. ooh very snazzy :3 they look great i love the porcelain giraffes!

    ReplyDelete