Wednesday 28 March 2012

Mile a million

Been a while since I last posted...
I have some jewellery to update you all with at some point soon, but for now I just thought I'd tell you all about something I'm doing in the Easter hols!

There are twenty seven million slaves in the world today, more than there has ever been before. It is not something that can be ignored, as it even goes on in our own country.
The A21 campaign was set up to raise awareness of human trafficing and to provide safety, medical care, justice and support for the victims. It is a truly fantastic cause, and one that was brought to the attention of my Christian Union a short time ago. Someone then pointed out that it was twenty seven miles from our college to the nearby town of Whitby.

So you guessed it, we're doing a sponsored walk to Whitby! We're taking the coastal route, along the Cleveland Way and through Saltburn. Its going to hopefully be fun, but I really need to get to the gym so I'm fit enough to do it!

Although this is being done through my CU, it is a cause that everyone should get behind and support, and we've even got several non Christians (including the President of the Student Union) doing it with us!

So please remember us as we train up and get sponsorship and then actually do the walk itself! Thank you!

http://www.thea21campaign.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment