Sunday 11 March 2012

Steampunk

So I was planning what I want to do for Goth Weekend, and I bought a load of awesome steampunky stuff =P

First up, the alchemy bottles:



I think these are just so awesome! The ones on the left are vials to put coloured liquid and watch parts in, the rest are little bottles and jars. Some of these are for jewellery making, others are for an alchemy belt pouch thing I'm planning on making for my steampunk outfit for Goth Weekend. The ebay seller put another vial in as a free gift, which was very kind of them.

Also, I dropped by my favourite jewellers and they gave me more watch parts!

Looking on ebay, (which is where most dA jewellery makers recommend you look), everything is so expensive and really popular too, and bidding wars are bad if you really really need the item! So I'd say ask at your local jewellers! They give me all these for free, only downside is I have to take them apart myself, but that’s actually quite fun... ¬¬

<- In progress shot of watch dismantling


I'll be making some more steampunk stuff soon, some to sell and some to wear at Goth Weekend. For the rest of my outfit, the white blouse came the other day, but I'm waiting till the corset and trousers arrive before I take a picture and upload it all. The corset is black and awesome with chains hanging down the front, I really like it =D

I also recently found an awesome steampunk-ish singer called Emilie Autumn (thanks Charlotte =3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNbCA2kb9bA 


2 comments:

  1. thiiiiss issss aweeesomeeee I want to see when it's done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i would love to see how you made it, i love steampunk fashion and jewellery, but i find the accessories hard to coordinate with 'normal' fashion

    ReplyDelete